Few days ago, Samsung started rolling out Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) update for the Samsung Galaxy S3 in India. But due to some bugs and issues were found in the build, Samsung India stopped rolling out the updates and they are now suspended as the company has noticed and started working on.
As per Technical Support Team (Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.)
We would like to inform you that update was released earlier by Samsung India for Galaxy S III but now it rolled back due to some technical reasons, so we request you to kindly co-operate with us till the future release of Android v4.1 (Jelly bean) for mentioned handset.
What’s New in Official Jelly Bean Updates
The Jelly Bean update would bring faster performance, Reorganized settings menu, 2 Home screen modes, S Note, Google Now service, contextual search, Better notifications, Re-sizable Pop-up play screen and more.
How to Update Galaxy S3 to Official Jelly Bean Updates in India
But in the meantime you can update your Galaxy S3 to official Jelly bean update using the following steps, Let me tell you, I have also updated my Galaxy S3 to 4.1 Jelly Bean, Follow the simple steps :
1. Disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S3 from Computer.
2. Open Kies ( make sure it’s updated to the latest version), Now goto Tools -> Firmware Upgrade and Initialization.
3. Enter your model no i.e. GT-I9300 and click OK.
4. Then Enter your Phones serial number which can be found at – Settings -> About device -> Status -> Serial number and click OK.
5. Now Samsung Kies will download the whole firmware approx 700 MB and will properly guide further for flashing original updates.
That’s it. The Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update is available for users to download both over-the-air and via the Samsung Kies application on computers.
You can either wait for OTA Jelly bean updates or can update your phone via Kies using above steps.