If you can have Kung Fu cuddly pandas then I don’t see why you can have Kung Fu blogging. In this case instead of actually kicking your rival bloggers across the room it’s all about your state of mind.
Kicking the ass out of your blog traffic stats is easy if you know the right techniques and you are willing to start training hard to build up your blogging skills.
Wax on, Wax Off
Having been a child of the 80’s of course I love the Karate Kid films. Mr Miyagi’s karate lessons are practically burnt into my brain I watched the first film so many times. A classic line from the film, much quoted is ‘Wax on, wax off’. As well as being great for building up muscles and achieving a great shine on your car this is also a bit of a character building lesson about perseverance and determination.
Some tasks in life can be tedious and leave you thinking about all the other fun things you could be doing. However if you do these boring tasks properly they can have their own rewards. This is a valuable lesson for anyone running a blog. This can be a monotonous and time consuming task. It takes a lot of energy and effort to keep the momentum going on a blog.
If you fall behind and let things slip then your blog will suffer. This can lead to a calamitous loss of traffic that can be very difficult to halt once it has started. It makes sense to keep on persevering with your blog and making sure it shines online.
Keeping blogs up to date and polished will require your time and effort but the rewards will come back to you in increasing traffic stats. This is important if you want to earn through your blog or you are using it to promote your brand and attract new customers to your products or services.
Building Your Skills
Any great Kung Fu movie has the classic ‘getting ripped’ montage. The music starts and the formerly weedy protagonist is put through the ringer with strange and painful looking exercises until they become lean, mean ass-kicking machines. No pain no gain is the message here and it is only after they have been through the intensive training that they can kick their way to revenge/success.
Feel free to skip the sweaty bit though for blog writing. Here the example applies to building up your mental blog writing skills and your creativity:
- Blog writing is actually one of the more entertaining online writing genres. You are free to discuss what you like in blogs as long as you stick to the overall tone and focus of the blog.
- This opens up your options and enables you to be creative and inspirational. This is much more fun than writing sales content for websites or FAQ pages.
- You do need to build up your skills as a blog writer and keep on learning. Read other successful blogs and see how these writers make their pages interesting and informative.
- Let the Internet be your sensei as there are some great tips to be found from other writers online. Don’t be afraid to do some research and learn as much as you can from the masters.
- This is also a great way to get new ideas and whenever I feel myself flagging I tone up my brain with a little online reading to get inspiration.
- Don’t forget if you are really struggling get a tag team on board by hiring copywriters to contribute.
- Getting fresh talent on your blog can inject new life into your pages and give you a bit of a break to rest and recuperate.
It takes a lot of energy and effort to keep the momentum going on a blog. I hope all above tips will surely help you in blogging.