In a nutshell, Office 365 is a Microsoft Office licensed subscription service that allows users to download and install an authenticated version of the Microsoft Office apps to use with both Windows and OSX. Here’s why it matters and why you need it.
Low up-front cost
A Microsoft Office 365 personal retails at $89 when you buy from online retailers like Harvey Norman. That’s only $.24 a day to maximize its full potential.
You can work remotely anywhere using the online version of Office. The online web portal works with Internet Explorer 7 or later, Apple Safari 3.x., or Mozilla Firefox 3.x Moreover, the Outlook Web App can also be opened with any of those browsers or with Google Chrome 3 and later versions.
No matter where you are in the world or what device you’re using, you have access to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote. You can quickly create or edit content and post it to the SharePoint site or you can save it in the SkyDrive folder for local syncing and edit later.
Power packed apps and features
Owning a licensed version of Microsoft 365 opens up a world of possibilities. The new version of office also supports new touchscreen devices. Of course, not all of us are familiar with the MS office package, most of us just make use of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint – but there are others (Skype included!). The Applications included in the personal package are:
- Word – lets you create, polish, and share virtually any type of document.
- Excel – Quickly analyse and visualize data in intuitive and new ways.
- PowerPoint – The gold standard of visual presentation. Allows you to create, collaborate, and effectively present your ideas.
- OneNote – Your very own digital notebook that lets you do everything from personal journals to checklists, recipes, and more.
- Outlook – A desktop email application that lets you quickly organize email, coordinate schedules, and stay updated with contacts.
- Publisher – A PC-only tool that lets you print and share professional-looking publications with powerful and intuitive tools.
- Access – Lets you create custom database fast and easy, and use that data to its full potential.
- OneDrive – 1 TB OneDrive cloud storage that you can use for any and all of your files.
- Skype – With a licensed subscription, you can call mobile and landline phones with 60 monthly Skype minutes.
Take note that Office 365 is only compatible with Windows 7 or later, as well as OS X 10.10 or later. Also, if you have an active subscription, you are automatically entitled to the newest versions after release.
The office personal subscription can be used by a single user in 1 PC/Mac, 1 tablet, 1 and Smartphone for the whole year. It comes with 1 TB OneDrive cloud storage, plus automatic and exclusive upgrades plus new features. You can buy Microsoft Office 365 ay Harvey Norman and other selected retailers.
So, are you buying Office 365? Do you already own one? Or are you using any other Office Suite? Share us your thoughts in the comments below!