End-users can customize their t-shirt design according to their own style with the help of T-shirt design tool, which is a web application. Whenever there is an issue of web application development, then the main concern is whether to opt 1990’s conventional Flex technology or to go with the latest HTML5 and jQuery?
Today, in this post we will discuss about some advantages of using HTML5 and jQuery platform over Flex for developing online product design tool along with some essential factors that should be kept in mind by the developers, while moving ahead with the process of Flex to HTML5 conversion.
With the rapid evolution of internet, customers are procuring the web through their mobile devices and the web applications that are developed on Flex, are not compatible with these devices and platforms. Whereas, HTML5 and jQuery based applications are cross-device as well as cross-browser compatible. Due to this reason, no one wants to lose their promising customers by using the Flex technology.
Not only cross-browser and cross-device compatibility, but there are some more advantages of using HTML5 and jQuery, which are jotted down below:
- Seo-Friendly: Applications of HTML5 and jQuery are more SEO-friendly than Flex applications
- Element size: If the size of the web application is smaller, then the loading time of the website will be faster. Here, our concern is towards jQuery and Flex where the jQuery has a smaller size corresponding to Flex
- User interaction: It is a substantial course, which decides the predominance of any web application. High-speed of internet connection is needed in case of Flex applications, whereas HTML5 based applications run smoothly even during slow internet connection
- Security: The software of HTML5 and jQuery provides healthy protection towards security threats, whereas several security issues occur while using Flex technology
On account of above-mentioned advantages, most of the organizations are bending towards HTML5. It is a well-known fact that this conversion is complicated to implement for a company and its developers. So, few factors are mentioned below to learn to move along with this conversion process.
Opt For A Client-Side MVC Architecture
This is a vital decision for your company that should be done while keeping several essential points in mind:
- A certain level of adjustability should be provided for the applications by the framework
- It should provide abundant real world examples
- Should permit you to form testable applications
- You should consider, which kind of level or support is needed for your organization, if provided by the framework
AJAX Library And DOM Manipulation
Quickly Adopt Code Conventions
A proper testing plan should be implemented before proceeding to HTML application:
- Then, code coverage is considered for which JSCoverage is the effective option
- At last, the quality functional testing is done provided by Selenium
Build And Deployment Process
In order to build an optimized application of Flex, just follow below mentioned steps:
- Integrate it into a single file
- Perform the compilation of LESS/SASS code
- Combine CSS code into single file
- Run unit tests
- Run functional tests
- Execute load tests
Final Wrap Up
In order to implement these technologies in your organizations, suitable planning and study should be done. This procedure will become smoother, if you’ll follow the above-mentioned information.