Google has released a Google maps app for the iOS (Not yet compatible with iPad) after Apple Maps was widely criticized, specially for their maps locations in Australia. Ever since iOS 6 was released a few months ago, people started complaining about Apple Maps, even Apple CEO Tim Cook even apologized to Apple customers.
Google Maps for iOS is available via the App Store for download for free. This new app offers a great features that weren’t offered in the built-in Maps app on iOS 5 and earlier. Turn-by-turn directions also offered.
With this new Google Maps App you can get comprehensive, accurate and easy-to-use maps with built-in Google local search, voice guided turn-by-turn navigation, public transit directions, Street View and more.
Find below the full list of features offered by Google Maps for iPhone
- Find addresses, places and businesses around the world with Google local search.
- Discover places to eat, drink, shop and play, with ratings and local reviews.
- Sign in to sync your searches, directions, and favorite places between your computer and your phone.
- Get voice guided, turn-by-turn driving directions.
- Find your way by train, bus, subway or walking directions.
- Access live traffic information in cities across the world.
Street View and imagery
- View 360-degree panoramas of places around the globe with Street View.
- See inside more than 100,000 businesses worldwide.
- View high resolution satellite imagery of locations around the world.
So if you are using an iPhone 5 or iOS 6 device and never used a Google Maps app then navigate to the app store and download this app asap and enjoy newly designed and streamlined interface for even easier navigation of your world.