If you are a regular user of Notepad++ and using some other tool to compare 2 text files, then here is the quick solution for you. I will explain in this tutorial that how to compare 2 text files in Notepad++ itself. Notepad++ is the best text editing application, and I am a regular user of this text editor.
Compare 2 Text Files In Notepad++
- Install Notepad++ on your PC.
- Open up the two files that you want to compare in Notepad++.
- Goto Plugins > Compare > Compare
- That’s it. It will now show 2 text files side by side with differences highlighted and you can easily compare them.
If you have Notepad++ installed and you can’t find Compare option under plugins, then here is the way to get it.
- Download Compare Plugin for Notepad++ from here.
- Extract the downloaded zip file, you will find the ComparePlugin.dll. Copy dll file and place this into your Notepad++ plugins installation directory . (Usually it’s C:>Program Files>Notepad++>plugins )
- That’s it, Open Notepad++ now and it’s will show the Compare option in your Notepad++ text editor.
I hope this tutorial/ tricks will help you to compare 2 text files in Notepad++. If you know more such tricks, then you can share with us via comments below.