We can increase speed for surfing the internet in several way but today I have an easy way for you to speed up your internet surfing. The Windows XP normally limit the internet speed by reserving a part of bandwidth. In this easy way I just only change the Bandwidth Limit value to zero.
Follow the simple steps
- Step 1 : Go to Start > Run
- Step 2 : Type gpedit.msc then click OK. Windows XP will lead you to Group Policy page.
- Step 3 : In your left hand of the page, click on Administrative Templates which is under Computer Configuration.
- step 4: Double click Network which is in the right hand of the page.
- Step 5 : Double click QoS Packet Scheduler.
- Step 6 : Double click Limit reservable bandwidth
- Step 7: Select the Enabled option
- Step 8: Now you are able to see the message Bandwidth Limit (%): . In this box let you change the value to zero and then click OK.
Also have a look to the following tips to speed up web surfing.
- Click Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet Connections.
- Select “Internet Options.”
- Under Check for newer versions of stored pages, click “Automatically.” Under browsing history, click “Settings.”
- Set the number under Disk Space to Use to between 50 and 75 MB. Click “OK.”
If you are using older browser to surf the web then we recommend you to switch to a faster browser. While Internet Explorer is the most popular browser, it often causes pages to load slowly. Download a free browser such as Firefox, Opera or Chrome or Safari to get a quick speed boost to your browsing.
Switch to the fastest internet connection- If you are surfing web from mobile 2G data connection then if possible, switch to the 3G internet data connection which is quite faster than 2G.
I hope above steps will surely help you to speed up the web surfing. What you guys do to speed up your web surfing, share your tricks with us.